SPOKANE CHILD CUSTODY ATTORNEY
In Washington, the court will award sole or joint child custody to either the mother, father or both with the best interests of the children as the standard for any decision. All custody cases must have a proposed parenting plan or agreement to be presented to the court for approval before the final order is put in place.
The primary goals of the parenting plan are to:
(1) Provide for the childís physical care;
(2) Maintain the childís emotional stability;
(3) Provide for the childís changing needs as the child grows and matures, in a way that minimizes the need for future modifications to the permanent parenting plan;
(4) Set forth the authority and responsibilities of each parent with respect to the child
(5) Minimize the childís exposure to harmful parental conflict;
(6) Encourage the parents to meet their responsibilities to their minor children through agreements in the permanent parenting plan, rather than by relying on judicial intervention; and
(7) To otherwise protect the best interests of the child. (Revised Code of Washington - Title 26 - Chapters: 26.09.181, 26.09.220)
The Washington child support guidelines "at a glance" provides a quick reference to what applicable child support laws are considered and/or not considered when determining the appropriate Washington child support order.
Washington Child Support Guidelines
Income Share Model *: YES
Percent of Income Model *: NO
Worksheets Available: YES
Extraordinary Medical Expenses Add on: YES
Childcare Add on: YES
Secondary Education Support: YES
* The Income Shares Model: Washington child support is calculated by estimating the amount of support that would have been available to the child(ren) if the family had remained intact. This estimated amount is then divided proportionally to the parents according to each parentís income. This is easily done by using the Washington child support worksheet and the estimated incomes are typically substantiated by past pay stubs or w-2s.
For example: If the father has a higher income than the mother, he would then be responsible for the greater portion of the child support obligation. Conversely, if the father has a lower income than the mother, he would then be responsible for the smaller portion of the child support obligation.
HELPFUL ATTORNEY & LAW ARTICLES
Why You Need a Durable Power of Attorney, Now!
Planning for unfortunate events such as serious illness or
injury is rarely on anyone's list of favorite pastimes.
Sometimes, though, enduring the small discomfort that may
accompany preparing for the unexpected will avoid untold anguish
on the p...
Criminal Defense Lawyers, Do You Need One?
Sometimes people end up in trouble and in need of a defense
lawyer. If this is you, the first thing you need to do is find a
qualified defense lawyer to pull you out of it. But, where will
you look? Should you rely on the court appointed defense lawy...
Criminal Defense Help
Sometimes we make mistakes. It is not that we deliberately break
the law, sometimes it is just unavoidable. Sometimes we do not
even know it unless charges are pressed against us. So what's a
poor citizen to do?
Well, that citizen can fight it out in...
Criminal Defense - White Collar Crimes
White Collar Crimes are defined as non-violent acts committed by
individuals or businesses in the course of daily working
activity. Some of these crimes include embezzlement, bribery,
tax evasion, false advertising and other types of fraud. They
Child Support Collections in America
Child Support Collections
Collecting unpaid child support can be a challenge for some custodial parents seeking assistance from the non-custodial parent. The state child support collections agency in your area have several methods they use in order t...
Primer On Child Custody Lawyer--who Is He?
Who will get the primary custody of your children?
That is the ultimate question that will pop up once a divorce started to run on the wheels of court. Along with the legal arguments and circumstances to nullify a marriage, there are also legal remed...
Civil Court Filings - Recordings of Non-Criminal Activities
Civil court filings pertain to documentation for all civil court cases, which are roughly defined as all cases that are non-criminal in nature. These records are also those that govern private citizens and are to be distinguished from international l...
Injury Compensation Claims
INJURY COMPENSATION CLAIMS
Accidents do happen, but if you feel you had a slip trip or fall
that was due to someone else?s negligence, you have the right to
claim compensation. Personal injuries because of slipping,
tripping and falling are a fact o...
Divorce: Here's the List Your Attorney Needs
Divorce isn't easy. Your attorney and his legal staff understand that. They will guide you through the process of obtaining your divorce. Here is a list of the information your attorney's office will need in order to protect your interests and prepar...
How to Find a Good Personal Injury Lawyer
There might come a time in your life when you are injured, perhaps seriously, and through no fault of your own. When this happens you are often entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, for the pain and suffering you endure, for the loss of...
-- Personal Injury Lawyer
-- Spokane Lawyers
-- Spokane Attorney
-- Spokane Criminal Defense Attorney
-- Medical Malpractice Attorney
-- Spokane Family Law
-- Power of Attorney
-- Spokane Courts
-- Washington State Courts